Marketing with Facebook: Lesson 1
Posted by NighLon
As promised, I am starting a blog series.
A weekly tip/ tutorial on using Facebook for marketing.
With this being the first in the series, there will be improvements as we move along.
Lesson 1: Setting up a page.
A Facebook fanpage is a very important marketing tool for brands.
Before you can begin implementing this amazing tool, first you have to own one!
(If you already have one, I will have other advice for you after the tutorial)
1. At the very bottom of the Facebook homepage, click “create a page”
this is the screen you will be directed to:
1. Select the category of your page I am using “cause or community”
I will be building a page as I go through this series with you.
3. Type in the Name of your page. I am using “Nighlon Tutorial Page”
Click “get started”
4. You will be directed to a screen to upload an image.
( you can do this now or later. I will do it now)
Choose to upload an image or import from your website.
I am uploading an image.
5. On this page, you can either invite people or skip.
I am skipping this for now.
6. On the next screen is where you enter your website information.
I would go ahead and fill this in.
My answers are: https://nighlon.wordpress.com
and “a tutorial on how to dress up your marketing.
You now have a facebook page!
Here are some tips for you
1. Invite your friends
2. Share on your wall.
3. Explore your page, you will be amazed at what you can do.
4. Once you get 25 “likes” you can get a vanity URL. I would do this as quickly as possible to secure it.
I am facing a problem with this now. Someone is using my brand name as their personal url.
Check out these other Facebook posts:
Hope this helps!
Next week: Tips for creating an amazing landing page.
Pass Me On:
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About NighLonMARKETER, SAHM, wife, graphic designer, web designer, tweek (twitter addict), blogger, and self proclaimed social media guru.
Posted on January 19, 2012, in Facebook, Social Networks and tagged brand name, facebook, fan page, improvements, lesson 1, marketing, marketing tool, personal url, social media, tips, vanity url. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.